Who can you contact about unfair dismissal and how can it be resolved

When you suffer unfair dismissal at your workplace, you can actually seek and can get help from a third party who will resolve the matter thru mediation, conciliation and arbitration.

And if you are a member of a trade union, you can communicate with your union representative.

There are employment tribunals to help resolve issues surrounding unfair dismissals.

If you find out that it has been uneasy to settle matters with your employer, you can generally seek help from the employment tribunal.

To be availed such privilege though; you must have worked for your boss for a minimum specified period before you will be eligible for the right to claim unfair dismissal at a tribunal.

In certain countries, the qualifying period is around 1 year.

The employment tribunals are established to handle cases like this and in situation where you have been found to have been truly unfairly treated, your job can be reinstated or some other form of compensation may be awarded.

Even if it is a case of political opinion or affiliation – you will be provided the full right to go to an employment tribunal to seek redress and justice.

In unfair dismissal claims, you must make the claim to the tribunal within the period of three months of being laid off.